Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Valentine's Breakfast-Party Surprise!


I am sharing this party- not because it's some amazing creation I did- but because it's TOTALLY DOABLE for every momma. Sure I happen to possibly have a few extra props than the normal mom- but I mainly just gathered house hold items (see a kid's kitchen in there, a box of their dress-up clothes, stuffed animals galore, a red wagon- you get the point...) and went to work styling them the best I could.

This was last year's party and I put the entire thing together Valentine's Eve- I didn't even get the idea until about 5:00pm. I started around 7:30pm, when the kid's went to bed and worked on it until about 1:00am- making one run to Target for goodies like powdered donuts, honey buns, one mylar balloon, some plates, cute little plastic $1 isle heart cups and a V-day garland- of course! 

I invited one set of my kid's friends to keep the breakfast small and within my $30 budget. I woke Cormac & Birdie up the morning of February 14th and showed them the fantastic little outfits I'd put together and told my son to get ready- we had friends and breakfast waiting! He was beyond excited and loved the fact that it was a surprise. My daughter was just excited about the powdered donuts.

The whole "party" lasted about an hour and a half and then I whisked my son off to preschool and cleaned up shop.

It was a great Valentine's celebrating with my little sugar-loving loves- I highly recommend you try it ;)

xo Party or Die xo
kenna














 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so happy that your kids had such a wonderful birthday party. This year’s Valentines was very special for us as well, as with my husband and kids I celebrated at best local event space San Francisco. We had truly a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Take a bath, as if you can wash away all your troubles;
    2. Go to sleep, temporarily put aside the pressure exerted on you, and adjust your mental state;
    3. Soaking feet, this is my special hobby. I don't think about anything in a quiet place. Watching the vibration of the machine in the foot massager makes me feel so cured, and the soles of my feet are also very comfortable.
    The last thing is to face the things that make you stressful, to overcome them, and to practice. You will naturally not think so much in action. You won't even have time to worry.

    ReplyDelete

" "